28 August 2012

Adoration and Divine Shortbread

Yesterday for TOB we went for adoration.  It was in this beautiful adoration chapel and the traffic was amazing, so many people came. We generally have guided adoration, which sometimes grates when all you want is silence but because we were visiting an already established adoration hour silence ruled….and I couldn't deal. I was just so tired, my mind kept wandering and then I decided to give up trying.
At first I people watched, this man had his arms up in adoration the whole time and his lips moved in silent fervent prayer, this elderly lady came in with a cushion to sit on, showing she was going to be there a while, M-moo knelt in the aisle as usual and so did this man behind her and they were so close to the ground as to be almost prostrate, a sign of submission, that in itself was beautiful I became filled with awe. Because my mind was tired I then decided to just be a part of this body of Christ and help offer up their prayers, whatever they were; to just be and realise that He knows my needs even when I don't; to just be and worship with my posture and by being there no matter how distracted; and just be and rest in His presence.
When I realised that I was in danger of falling asleep I began to read and pray prayers from Pure Faith and came across a novena by the “Prayers when in the presence of the Blessed sacrament”. As I prayed this novena there was a place to put in my intention and marriage just popped into my head. I lately had not been praying fervently for marriage but yesterday it felt just right. After adoration we all migrated to the hall where a TOB session was in progress so we sat in as they ended and participated in the wrap-up and it was amazing, the insights people have, the thirst for truth the openness… and to be a part of it all wow. Then afterwards everyone mingled… I can’t remember the number of times I said we had to go because honestly there were people to see and chat to and fellowship with, whilst we ate the most amazing desert which MA told me it’s called 1 000 000 shortbread… and I loved the name. It reminded me of the sweetness of the Lord, the richness of His mercies and of a recent reading, “Taste and see the goodness of the Lord” well in His creations He sure is sweet, in adoration He is sweet enough to let me be,  and in the rest I will trust it will be just as decadent. Now to get ingredients for some divine shortbread!!!
Coincidentally MA felt led to pray for marriage for us all as well during adoration Smile Oh well…
 ht

2 comments:

  1. wow diana :) yeah so true, God just lets us be... and he loves us always no matter what :) i actually felt was in adoration with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the heads up :) will try sort it out when i have time over the holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
Blog Widget by LinkWithin