31 March 2011

is it irresponsible to trust God too much…

… that is the title of Jen’s post over at Conversion Diary. And it touched me to my core. Why because I have issues trusting God. I mean I trust God, I do but I don't TRUST God. I used to work with a guy who is training to be a pastor now and he used to say “I don't get sick, because I trust the Lord to never allow me to be sick, I walk in His presence and since sickness is of the devil I will never get sick if I trust in God….” and that used to, and still does scare me.

I trust in the Lords provision but that does not mean I will not work for my food and rent etc., I trust the Lord protects us but that does mean I’ll walk in dodgy areas at night, I trust in the Lord’s love and that it is sufficient for me, but that does not mean I don't worry about earthly love and if I will ever be found by ‘the one’. image

But Jen’s post is on another level. She expands on how she thinks trust in the Lord hinges on

  1. Who God is
  2. What God wants
  3. What the meaning of life is

It’s the second one that I find major challenges with. Discerning what God wants; being under the mantle of His will. Because if I am doing His will and following my purpose then He will provide for all I need right there. Trust would be so easy if I just knew His will. I trust His will true, but not knowing it makes that trust an active challenge each and every day.

So go over there and read her thought and peoples comments on whether it  is irresponsible to trust God too much.

ht pic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin