12 June 2009

hidden in christ

so basically our household has embarked on saying a novena, for our future spouses no less and it's been 11 days... i know 11 is more than 9 but we skipped day in between and hence started over. and what i find striking is that when we started it i was doing because i know i am to pray for my future spouse and all, though not necessarily wanting one at the moment... but as the week has progressed i've begun to wish for the vocation marriage more... mmm

and then i received this from a friends email... and the first line was what i found fascinating. so i plan on hiding myself in Christ and devout catholic man i want will find me!


'A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ
That a man should have to seek Him first to find her.'

When I say.... 'I am a Christian' I'm not shouting 'I'm clean living,'
I'm whispering 'I was lost, Now I'm found and forgiven.'

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I don't speak of this with pride.
I'm confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide..

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not trying to be strong.
I'm professing that I'm weak and need His strength to carry on.

When I say.. 'I am a Christian' I'm not bragging of success
I'm admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not claiming to be perfect,
My flaws are far too visible, but God believes I am worth it.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I still feel the sting of pain...
I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.

When I say... 'I am a Christian' I'm not holier than thou,
I'm just a simple sinner Who received God's good grace, somehow!

Pretty is as Pretty does... But beautiful is just plain beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Kristy3:29 pm

    What a great email, especially that first line. I really like the idea of doing a novena for your future spouses, and of doing it with your housemates - what a blessing that you're sharing a house with fellow Catholics who are on the same path as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristy I have indeed been gretaly blessed :D

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin